Short Briefs: APPSC AE Syllabus 2021 & Andhra Pradesh Assistant Engineer Exam Pattern Pdf Download Links: The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) Vijayawada has released a notification for the 190 post of Assistant Engineer in various Engineering Sub Services. Those candidates who are looking for the APPSC AE Syllabus 2021 & Exam Pattern have come to the correct destination. On this page, we are going to provid the Latest Syllabus Of AP PSC Assistant Engineer. Intrested aspirants can Download Andhra Pradesh PSC Assistant Engineers Syllabus Pdf from this web page & its official website @psc.ap.gov.in. Below in the article we have provided direct download links. For more detail about Andhra Pradesh Assistant Engineer Syllabus & Exam Pattern you should the article till the end.
Andhra Pradesh PSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2021 – Overview
|Organization||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)|
|Post Name||Assistant Engineer|
|Selection Process||Written Exam Interview|
|Exam Date||Update Soon|
|No Of Post||190 Posts|
|Online Application Process Beginning Date||21/10/2021|
|Online Application Process Last Date||11/11/2021|
|Job Location||Andhra Pradesh|
APPSC AE Exam Pattern 2021
|Subject||Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration (Minutes)|
|Paper 1 General Studies & Mental Ability (Degree Standard)||150 Questions||150 Marks||150 Minutes|
|Paper Ii Civil/ Mechanical (Common) (Diploma Standard)||150 Question||150 Marks||150 Minutes|
|Paper Iii Environmental Engineering/ Civil (Common) (For Post Code 03 Only) (Degree Standard)||150 Questions||150 Marks||150 Minutes|
- Each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question.
- Exam type will be objective question.
- Medium of the Examination will be English only.
APPSC AE Syllabus : AP PSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Assistant Engineer Subject-Wise latest syllabus is available below. You can check syllabus from this page. This APPSC AE Syllabus is very important to get good score in the Assistant Engineer PSC Written Exam.
GENERAL STUDIES & MENTAL ABILITY (For Paper-I)
- Current affairs- international, national and regional.
- Events of national and international importance.
- General Science and it applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and information Technology
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy,
- reforms and e-governance initiatives with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
- Social- economic and political history of modern India with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
- Economic development in India since independence with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
- Physical geography of Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies,
- Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster.
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
- Data Analysis:
(a) Tabulation of data
(b) Visual representation of data
(c) Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean, median, mode, variance and coefficient of variation) and Interpretation
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and Legal implications/problems.
COMMON FOR CIVIL / MECHANICAL (For Papper-II)
- Forces: Different types of forces, gravitational, frictional, axial, tensile or compressive. Law of Parallelogram and triangle of forces, polygon of forces, problems.
- Centre of gravity and moment of inertia. Simple plane figures, Simple machines, law of machine, Mechanical advantage, velocity ratio and efficiency, wheel and axle, pulleys and simple screw jack-problems.
- Riveted and welded joints, different modes of failures, efficiency of joints, thin cylindrical shells, longitudinal and circumferential stresses and volume changes.
- Shear force and bending moment diagrams for simply supported, over hanging and cantilever beams. Relation between intensity of loading, shear force and bending moment.
- Simple Stresses and strailns: Different types of stresses and strains, stress-strain diagram for ductile materials. Factor of safety, ultimate strength and working strength, elastic constants, Poisson ratio. Deformations, volume changes. Relations between elastic constants. Hooke’s Law. Compound rods, temperature stresses, strain energy, impact loading.
- Torsion: Assumptions, basic formula of torsion, power transmission by shafts of uniform circular sections close-coiled springs, strain-energy in simple beams and shafts, sudden and impact loading. Principal stresses and principal planes. Moher’s circle of stress.
- Theory of simple bending: Assumptions, basic flexure formula, bending stresses, modulus of section, moment of resistance. Circular bending. Distribution of shear stress in common
- structural sections.
- Simple plane and pin-jointed trusses: Stresses by method of joints and method of sections.
- Deflection in cantilever and simply supported beams under simple loading- propped cantilever beams subjected to simple loading, determination of reaction. SF and BM diagrams.
- Columns and struts: Direct and bending stresses, core of section. Short and long columns under axial loading-various end-conditions. Euler and Rankine formulae, Slenderness ratio, simple built-up columns.
- Thin cylinders under internal pressure stresses and volume changes.
Fluid Mechanics –
- Introduction: Scope of hydraulics in Engineering. Definition and properties of fluid.
- Flow of fluids: Type of flow-uniform flow, non-uniform flow, streamline flow, Turbulant flow, steady flow and unsteady flow, Energies in fluid motion-Datum head, pressure head and velocity head. Total energy of fluid in motion – Bernoulli’s theorem. Practical application of Bernoulli’s theorem – flow measurement- pitot tube venturimeter – Orificemeter.
- Fluid pressure and its measurement: Atmospheric pressure, Gauge pressure and absolute pressure. Piezometer, Manometer-U-tube, Inverted U-tube, and differential manometers.
- under variable heads – Time of emptying a rectangular tank through orifices. Mouth pieces – different types of problems.
- Pressure on plane surface immersed in liquid-Horizontal, vertical and inclined plane surface.
- Notches and Weirs: Definition of notch, types of notches – Rectangular notch, Tringular notch and trapezoidal notch. Discharge over a rectangular, triangular and a trapezoidal notches.
- Flow through orifices and Mouth Pieces: Definition of orifice, types of orifices, Vena contracta, coefficient of velocity, coefficient of contraction, coefficient of discharge. Submerged and partially submerged orifices. Flow through orifices
- Hydraulic transmission of power-flow through nozzle at the end of a pipe line- diameter of 20 nozzle for Max H.P. available. Water hammer and its effect. Laminar and turbulent flow in pipes-Critical velocity and Reynold number.
- Hydraulic gradient and total energy line. Discharge through parallel pipes and branched pipes connected to a reservoir. Flow through syphon pipe.
- Flow through pipes: Major and minor losses – Loss of head at entrance, loss of head due to sudden enlargement, due to sudden contraction, loss of head at exit of the pipe. Frictional loss in pipe-Chezy formula and Daycy’s formula.
- and reaction turbines brief sub-classification of axial, radial and tangential flow type. Pelton wheel, Francis turbine and Kaplan turbine, power and efficiency of turbines.
- Impact of jets: Formulae for the force of jet on a fixed vertical flat plate, fixed inclined flat plates, moving flat plates, series of flat plates fixed on the rim of a wheel. Force of jet striking at the centre and at the top of a fixed curved blade and moving curved blade,
- velocity triangles. Work done, power and efficiency in the above cases. Simple problems.
- Water turbines: Introduction to water turbines. Use of water turbines in Hydroelectric power stations line sketch showing layout of hydro-electric power plant with head race, dam, sluice gate, pen stock turbine, generator and tail race. Classification of turbines – impulse
- Centrifugal pump: Installation, mountings and other accessories. Priming of centrifugal pump. Efficiency, cavitation. Simple problems on work, power and efficiency.
Check Also: APCPDCL Energy Assistant Previous Papers